Thursday, August 7, 2008

Before the begining

So I want to start with what I was doing before I found the deals and steals from other mom's blogs. When our son was born my husband and I agreed that we didn't want to put him in daycare.... So that meant I was going to become a stay at home mom. The transition for me was not as hard as some, I was not to work at 13 weeks and then strict bed rest at 24 weeks. So I had plenty of time to get used to not working and staying home ALL day!

Once my short term disability pay ran out we knew we were going to have to make some BIG changes to stay in the black. We tried to stop eating out (we're STILL working on that one!) my husband sold his truck, then my husband got a better paying job that moved us closer to our families! When we moved we decided to go without cable or satellite. My husband found that one of his co-workers lives just a few houses down the street, they carpool and that leaves me our car :D. I always shop at Wal-Mart and Sam's, making sure to use my coupons on the things we needed.

The biggest help has been P&G Discovery center and their diaper studies. This has funded our groceries for months! Anyone in the Cincinnati area with children needs to take advantage of their program. I don't know the referral limits but feel free to contact me if you'd like information on how to get into their database.

So now I realize how much I've been missing out on!!! So here I am beginning to learn how to save by shopping CVS, Walgreen's and even Kroger's to get things for next to nothing! Hope that I maybe able to show other's what they are missing!

No comments: